Sunday, 10.05 - 16 miles: Friends

"Winning effort


"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is. -Zig Ziglar


"To run a marathon, we train for months. Although we may not expect to win, we hope at least to do well in our age group or to top a personal best. When the big day comes, we strive to meet whatever goal we’ve set for ourselves – to win, in other words, on our own terms. If we don’t, are we losers? How could we be? We’ve worked hard, gotten into great shape, perhaps even made a new friend. These things have more lasting importance than any transient reward for crossing the finish line first.



"It’s great to set challenging goals for myself and then try to achieve them. Sometimes I will, but even when I don’t, I’ll have done some extraordinary work. "


- Linda Picone, The Daily Book of Positive Quotations p. 302

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I love that pic. Great blog guys! I really like!
Groj

Vanessa Rogers said...

I love that you put up that picture, even though it is terrible of me! Way to go guys!